My kids get sooo bored over the weekend. One strategy I use is to let them create their own food. That helps me reduce all the nasty additives (food colour or preservatives etc.), you usually get when you buy ready to eat food from the shops.
Another thing is that while they are having fun they learn life skills, like how to use kitchen utensils, for example handling a knife properly or how to use the blender and stove safely.
I believe it’s the kinaesthetic way of a math lesson too, without noticing it as being boring, they learn scaling (measure ingredients) and fraction (cutting the bars) at the same way.
Marshmallow cereal bars
1 tsp. butter
9 large marshmallows
150gr. rice crispy cereal
4 pieces of milk chocolate
4 pieces of white chocolate
½ cup mini marshmallows
- Melt marshmallows & butter in a bowl in the microwave or on the stove until soft.
- Add the rice crispy cereal and mix with your hands (grease them with greasing spray or fresh butter).
- Cut baking paper and line out your tray.
- Mold the mix into shape and flatten.
- Melt the chocolate in separate bowls and drizzle (I used a fork for it) over the cereal.
- Decorate with the mini marshmallows.
- Leave to cool and harden for approx. 2 hours.
- Cut into bar shape and enjoy ;-)!
Like & Share
Please leave me your comments below!