Welcome to the final week of the summer holidays in 2013! I cannot believe it! – Back to school and home schooling in just one week to come.
So to end the 6 weeks Holiday Fun Program for this year we are going to have a whole week to enjoy the written word.
When was the last time you read to your children? Or do you have a bed time routine that includes a nice bed time story anyway?
What makes a good story? I will post a video to answer this question in a couple of days for you!
My children and I love happy endings, who doesn’t? Poems, rhymes, short stories or fairy tales – we love them all.
What do your children enjoy reading about? Have you or your children ever made up a story?
Here are a few ideas which could be fun for you and your children this week;
- Make your own book – watch the video below
- Write your own story and motivate your children to do so as well
- Let your children illustrate the story, rhyme or poem
- Start reading a bed time story every day
- Visit a puppet show (Punch and Judy or Snow White etc.)
- Read together with your child
- Create a book corner in your home
- Receive a free copy of “7 Ways to Make Reading Fun for Kids” by clicking this link; http://professionalhomeeducatoracademy.com/2.html
Watch the video below to get the instructions – Happy crafting!
This is what you need to make your own book:
12 A4 sheets of paper (6 blue, 6 yellow)
Cereal Box or Card Board
Decoration: Jeans or any other useful fabric cut-offs, 2 buttons and cupcake cases
Depending on the age of your child or children, you might have to help with the sewing of the pages.
I hope you have enjoyed the summer holidays as much as we did.
Like & Share