I love spring clean, not the cleaning itself… No! – Rather the feeling of freshness around the house. One really great thing I find is to discover long lost items that just vanished behind a drawer or between the shelves.
Here is my Top 10 List of a Stress-Free Spring Clean:
1. Don’t do it all at once
2. Clean room by room, for example the kitchen on Friday, the Bedrooms / Kids Bedrooms on Saturday and Sunday, a weekend later continue with the living room, cellar and garage etc.
3. Sort out unwanted, unused or worn out cloth
4. Fix or dispose broken furniture, kitchen utensils and other household items
5. Reward yourself with at least one new item per room, for example a new decorative vase, a pretty tea set, feel good cuddle cushions or blankets etc.
Have you run out of cleaning liquids?
No problem! Use a glass of regular Coke instead, because Cola contains citric acid and breaks up even the most difficult stains!
For your windows – Pour or spray Coke over your windows and wipe them down with a moistened cloth.
For your toilet – Pour regular Coke into your toilet bowl over the dirty areas and wait for 10 minutes.
Did you know that April is Home Improvement Month?
So why not get inspired by the following tweaks?
- Remove or replace your carpet or tiles,
- Sand your floors with a power sander,
- Paint or wallpaper one wall to get a new focal point and refresh the room.
But do not forget to set a fixed budget for any home improvements, as it is easy to get carried away…lesson learned! 😉
All the Best,
Like & Share