Whether you run your own business or you are an employee, doesn’t really matter if you seek to stand out from the crowed, because you will be rewarded either way.
Our working environment has become ever so competitive, hence globalisation which has brought us positive advantages, as well as challenges. Outsourcing work to overseas locations has become the norm and that has the side-effect of many local employees having been laid off. Or, you find that some business to business (B2B) deals are now made with firms which are able to offer lower prices than you, as their general operational costs are lower, especially HR costs. And yet, this is your chance to shine; simply by improving your skills, knowledge and resilience.
You can beat your competition by making yourself non-replaceable. If you complete tasks at a better quality, at an increased speed and in an overall professional manner, you will indeed have greater opportunities to get promoted faster and keep your employer not only happy but also positively impressed or create raving fans of your products and services and retain happy customers and clients.
Here are 5 Rules on How to Beat your Competition
1. Use all the time at work, to actually work. Don’t stay longer than agreed upon at lunch time or delay delivery of your products or services. Be punctual at all times.
2. Plan ahead and finish tasks as planned. Try to be on top off all activities, at all times.
3. Educate yourself. Stay informed about what is going on within your company, as well as within your sector and industry. Become the ‘Go-to’ person in your field.
4. Invest time and other resources to improve your skill set and knowledge base. Take part in all internal training events, participate in seminars and workshop that can teach you industry specific expertise.
5. Plan your future consistently. Where would you like to be one year from now? If you want to be promoted or grow your business, learn about what you need to do in order to get that promotion or increase your customer base, grow your market or even diversify your product or service line.
Let me know what you think in the comment section below.
All the Best,
P.S.: Don’t forget to LIKE COMMENT FOLLOW & SHARE