Researching your target market is a key factor for Social Media marketing success, because from my own experience and the experiences of my clients, I have learned that the more focused your posts across your Social Media channels are, based on the needs and wants, interest and preferences of your target, the greater the interaction per post and responses afterwards.
Therefore, prior to producing any form of multimedia content, consider the following
- Who is your Ideal Customer or Client aka Client Avatar; Create one or more profiles,
based on the main characteristics of who you aim to target, including their general
Do you need to categorize your target audience into separate segments?
- Are your target segments interests and preferences all similar, or are there
differences you may need to address separately?
- Who do you want to reach per post?
- What kind of needs and wants does your audience have, and can you address those
in a separate post, or will you have to produce a series of posts covering the same
topic from different angles?
- What do you want the audience to do or get out of your posts?
- When is the best time to reach them?; Do they have specific times they are more or
less likely to access their Social Media channels, for example early in the morning
prior to going to work or during their lunch break etc.?
- Where can you reach the?; What type of Social Media platforms do they prefer?
- Why is your individual post important? Why should they care?
When you have assessed your target market, you can make informed choices of what, when and how to post.
Always remember; People buy from People! Therefore, use an interactive, friendly tone,
and include questions and respond to comments promptly.
Let me know what you think!
All the Best,
P.S.: Please Like, Comment, Follow & Share!