- Are your readers male or female?
- How old are your readers? What is their age range?
- Are readers married, single, or divorced?
- Where do your readers live?
- What do your readers do for a living?
- What other books/publications do they read?
Develop a profile that includes where they shop, what clubs they belong to, etc.
These elements will help you incorporate these aspects into your book and help you to create targeted marketing campaigns.
2. Know your market;
- What’s the market like for your book?
- Is there a trend out there you’re positioning yourself toward?
- Have you undertaken research into the publications related to this topic/trend?
- Are there any gaps in the literature, your book could fill?
- What’s the future for this market/topic?
- What do you know about trends related to your book/topic/audience?
3. Similar books;
- What else has been published on your topic?
- Have you read the leading books in your category?
- Is your book portraying the topic in a different angle?
4. Getting and staying current;
- What’s going on in your industry today?
- What are some hot buttons?
- What are people looking for?
- What’s next on the horizon for this topic/audience?
- Have you surveyed your target audience?
5. Follow the media;
- What topics are currently covered in the media?
- Do you see a trend being repeatedly covered?
- Is there something that seems to be getting more buzz even if it’s on page six?
6. Talk & listen;
- Talk about your book and listen to potential readers think of it.
- Listen to what book reviewers appreciate and also what they view to be annoying.
- When do you plan to release your book?
- Are you releasing around a holiday or anniversary?
- Could you take advantage of any upcoming event and/or holiday for your book launch?
So you have dreamed of seeing your book published, but you don’t know how to get started?
I am hosting a ‘Publish Your Book’ Live Workshop on a regular basis and if you miss it live, you can view the replay on demand!
The workshop is for you, if you want to;
- Publish a paperback book (or any other form of printed book binding),
- Publish an audio book, or
- Publish an eBook – or all three formats!
You will learn everything you need to know to give your book the final finish and get it published.
Head over to my website to sign up today!
All the Best,